Friday, November 18, 2016

Comical Advertisements, One Last Tribute to Humor in Marketing

My last blog post on this subject of comical marketing will focus on this last, I hope you find funny, collection of advertisements created to generate instant awareness, desire, and humor. What makes these types of advertisements so useful to marketers, is that they are generally larger than life, or actual product size, and/or depict the product clearly in a way that the consumer doesn't have to guess at what the marketer is trying to communicate. If you want to see more of these funny advertisements then what I have discussed here, check out this list of 20!

Nestle KitKat Bench

A major theme of KitKat is to “give me a break” so what better way to advertise then to give consumers a place to sit and take a break, while drooling over the huge KitKat bar they are sitting on.

National Protection
This advertisement shows consumers how Natural their product is!

New Product, hand tossed pizza for Donatos

Creative usage of billboard and other out door media is becoming more popular so when the opportunity arises, go big or go home! Make those drivers have something appealing and funny to look at!

Dental Formula

This billboard shows the strength of its product, dental adhesive, with the clever manipulation of the space!

Pepsi Twist

Vulgar to some, hilarious to many; this Pepsi advertisement got people talking about their product! The animation, whizzing lime juice into Pepsi creates the perfect Twist drink.

Raid Spray

I LOVE MARVEL! This ad shows that Raid gets even the BIG bugs!

Potato

Who doesn't love a good spud? This advertisement is another favorite of mine because, other than my Irish love of spuds, the mother humor speaks to me. I believe my fur babies are the best in the whole world, as any loving mother would think about their own (real or fur) baby!

I hope you guys have enjoyed this 10 post journey of mine through the comical world of advertisements but alas this is my final post.  What did you guys think of this list, useful? Funny? Hated it? Tell me in the comment section.


Special THANK YOUS to all my blog supporters throughout this journey!

3 comments:

  1. Very funny list, I didn't the chameleon one that funny but i see how it represents the product well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ads cracked me up; I did not even know those type of ads existed. The KitKat bench was very clever and I think it is safe to say the Raid ad with spiderman being dead was my favorite. I love marvel to and I thought that was extremely creative because who doesn't like spider man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny campaigns! There are some really good outdoor campaigns. I should probably have a class devoted to that medium. Although Gary Vayerchuk says that nobody looks at billboards anymore - they are not even looking at the road! The KitKat had to be my favorite from this list. Good find!

    ReplyDelete