Thursday, November 3, 2016

I Love Marvel Comics

I Love Marvel Comics! While I have never read the actually comic books, the world of marvel has always enchanted and inspired me. What kid didn't dream of having super powers? I always thought that the powers of the mind would be the best because you can use your telekinetic powers to move things with your mind as well as read peoples minds. This means that your can fly simply by moving your body through the air with your mind! And forget about anyone trying to keep a secret from you when you can just step into his or her mind for a sneak peak. For me, no other power compares and allows you to do as much. The most common super power to be displayed throughout comic books, including the Marvel universe, is super human strength.

                           

The Hulk, the epitome of strength is paired with the witty Ant man in a hilarious Coca Cola commercial from early 2016. The commercial features two very thirsty superheroes and only one Coca Cola Mini. The fantasticality-thrilling chase is full of witty comments, bashing movements and the cinematography of a Marvel movie. for those that are not familiar with the Coca Cola Mini, here is a picture comparison

                           

Being a lover of Marvel, I instantly gravitated towards this commercial. The message was clear to me as it was delivered using the channel of TV programing and again using YouTube. The use of YouTube reduced all noise in the message and allowed me to pause and replay the commercial to grasp its full comedic effect. The sender, Coca Cola utilized the Marvel brand effetely to promote its product, the Coca Cola Mini. The funniest marvel character out of the bunch, with his scripts filled with witty comments left and right, and the hilarious nature of the Hulk with his inability to speak and clumsy nature, Coca Cola utilized the perfect duo for creating a funny commercial to promote their product.


What makes this commercial so successful and if your brand has the finances and ability, then take a page of the corporate giant Coca Colas’ playbook and produce a commercial that utilizes the following elements: humor, celebrity endorsements and expert cinematography. Do you think this branded advertisement was any good? Do you think it was as funny as I thought it was? Tell me your thoughts on how well you received the message in this advertisement in the comment section!  

4 comments:

  1. Great read! I Love marvel and this commercial was hilarious! I enjoyed your insights on this TV ad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I LOVE Marvel also and could not pass this advertisement up when I came across it!

      Delete
  2. I am not actually a fan of Marvel, however, this advertisement is very funny and comical and I think it relates to the majority of people who are not Marvel Comics fans as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree with your assessment. I think both fans of Marvel and the main stream consumer will enjoy this advertisement.

      Delete